Your website is often the first point of contact your potential clients have with your business. For this reason, it is essential that your website has a sense of credibility, which will assist those potential clients browsing your website to turn into sales leads. Website credibility means that your website is perceived by clients as trustworthy and knowledgeable.
In order for your business to be considered trustworthy, you need to prove it! Building your online credibility is quite simple, and can be done with a few easy steps. The important thing to remember is that this is an ongoing task, which should be worked on regularly.
Here are a few simple ways to improve your business’ online credibility:
- Your website design – Let’s face it. Websites with beautiful designs that are user-friendly seem more trustworthy than websites with unappealing designs. The reason for this is that, as human beings, we are aesthetically orientated. A professionally designed website will more likely be perceived as trustworthy and knowledgeable.
- Contact details – This might sound logical, but remember to include all your contact details, and encourage website visitors to contact you. Would you purchase anything online if you have no other means of contacting the establishment or knowing where they are located? The more transparent your business is in this regard, the more trustworthy it will appear.
- Relevant content – Look at your website from the visitor’s point of view. Do you supply enough relevant and valuable content to your potential clients? Another important aspect is the spelling and grammar of the content.
- External linking – Link to any positive online articles or stories about your business. Having external references can boost your business credibility immensely.
- Include internal information – It’s always nice to include a bit of information about the management or staff, especially if it’s a small business. This alone will create a sense of trustworthiness if the client knows who they are dealing with. Another way you can add to this is by giving clients a peek into your business with a few images.
- Policies – Add your policies to your website. This includes return policies and email / database policies.
- Happy clients – Do you have any satisfied clients? Name them. By adding testimonials and happy clients to your website, you are instantly giving your online business a brand credibility.
- Valuable information – Mention information in your ‘About’ section that gives credibility. How long you’ve been in business, where and how the business started, and what’s in it for them if they choose your company for the desired products or services.
- Blogging – Posting new content to your blog regularly will establish you as industry specialists, showing that you keep your news and information fresh and up to date.
- Incorporate social media – Your brand should be constant across all social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Engaging with your clients socially will also add to your online credibility. Remember to link all these social platforms to and from your website.
There are many more ways you can add credibility to your website; start with the tips mentioned above and you will be well on your way.